Wednesday, April 27, 2005
On this day:

Roasting the Most Outrageously Biased Liberal Reporters of 2004

Media Research Center presents: The REALLY Time to Retire Award:
“I have a feeling that it [bin Laden’s new videotape] could tilt the election a bit. In fact, I’m a little inclined to think that Karl Rove, the political manager at the White House, who is a very clever man, that he probably set up bin Laden to this thing.” -- Former CBS Evening News anchor Walter Cronkite on CNN’s Larry King Live
The Send Bush to Abu Ghraib Award
Bill Moyers: “There have been 37,000 civilians killed in Iraq, or as many perhaps as 100,000. Why is abortion a higher moral issue with many American Christians than the invasion of Iraq and the loss of life there?” Sister Joan Chittister: “Could I ask you that question? Because that is the moral question that brings me closest to tears. I do not understand that, Bill. You see, I’m absolutely certain that some of the people that we’re killing over there are pregnant women. Now what do you do? Now what do you do? That’s military abortion.” Moyers: “Somebody said to me — that’s what?” Chittister: “That’s military abortion. Why is that morally acceptable?” Moyers: “Somebody said to me the other day that Americans don’t behead, but we do drop smart bombs that do it for us.” -- November 12 exchange on PBS’s Now, October 29.
Click here for the other awards and Quote of the Year.