Tuesday, April 26, 2005
On this day:

There are Cold Hearted People...

and then there is Stacy Dow. The Guardian: Trust sued over twin born after abortion by Gerard Seenan
A mother who gave birth to a twin girl following an incomplete termination is suing the hospital where she had the procedure for £250,000 to help with the cost of raising the child. Stacy Dow had a termination at six weeks at Perth Royal infirmary after she found out she was pregnant with twins when she was 16. But 27 weeks later she discovered she was still carrying one of the twins. [...] "I have got a child now that I wasn't planning to have and I believe the hospital should take some responsibility for that. They should have known, or at least warned me, that I might still be pregnant when I left," she said. She said she had undertaken the legal action reluctantly because of its possible effects on her daughter. "I still don't know if, or what, I am going to tell Jayde when the time comes," she added. "Maybe when she is nine or 10 I will sit her down and explain it to her. I just hope that she understands what happened and why I did it. Of course it will be much harder to explain to her that she had a twin."
1. The hospital should be responsible for not completing the "termination," but Ms. Dow is NOT supposed to be responsible for conceiving in the first place? 2. "Possible effects on her daughter"? Surely you jest. She wanted the daughter dead. 3. Tell you daughter the truth. You viewed her as an inconvenience, and paid money to have her legally murdered. Not so hard, you see?